Nancy Hoefs Memorial Award: deadline May 15
Outstanding First-Year Teacher
This award recognizes an outstanding first-year teacher of the English language arts.
The award recipient receives a certificate, free registration at a future WCTE event such as a state convention, one night accommodation at the convention hotel if applicable, and formal recognition of the Nancy Hoefs Memorial Award at a convention session.
Full-time teachers in their first permanent position are eligible to be nominated. Eligible first-year teachers will have taught during the 2016-2017 school year.
Criteria for selection include the following:
- Contribution to the teaching of English language arts. This contribution may include, but is not limited to, using innovative teaching techniques, curriculum development in literature, reading, writing, speaking, listening, or media study; or participating in faculty activities related to English.
- Professional commitment. Nominees should have a strong interest in professional development. Indicators of this interest might include membership in professional organizations such as WCTE, NCTE, WSRA, WAMLE, IRA, WCA, etc.
- Staff and community relations. Nominees should have a good relationship with parents and others in the community and should have demonstrated potential for leadership among colleagues.
For each nominee submit the following materials:
- A cover letter indicating the nominee’s name, email address, local mailing address, telephone number, and school.
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one letter needs to be from a colleague (teacher, administrator, or other) at the school.
Send nomination materials electronically, By May 15, to:
Department of English
Brookfield Central High School, Brookfield