now browsing by category
WCTE Update December 2018
WCTE Update December 2018 is chockful of information about the upcoming convention, outstanding members who are winning awards, news affecting English teachers in Wisconsin, and plenty of ideas for your classroom. Check out the following:
- WCTE hires executive director
- Election results
- NCTE Affiliate Award and Chisholm Award
- Twitter Chat schedule
- Wisconsin English Journal news
- Meet the treasurer: Tom Scott
- Interview with Wisconsin author of A Dreadful Fairy Book
- GEEO travel for teachers
- Student Poetry Contest
- What we’re reading
- For class: Book club with a purpose
Download here: WCTE Update December 2018
WCTE Update: September 2018 issue
This issue is chockful of information about the upcoming convention, outstanding members who are winning awards, news affecting English teachers in Wisconsin, and plenty of ideas for your classroom. Check out the following:
- Twitter Chats
- Meet District #2 director, Sarah Rowse-Borelli
- The Great American Read: voting and TV episode about the books
- Contest, Scholarships and Curriculum–all about First Amendment Freedoms
- Books: Recommendations from Board members
- Books: Well-crafted plans for using Choice Reading with your students
Download here: September 2018 WCTE Update
Theater in London
Theater in London
Program and Purpose:
This program offers you the opportunity to spend three fabulous weeks attending plays, studying theatre, and immersing yourself in the culture of London, the theatre capital of the world!
Our schedule of plays ranges from Shakespeare, to award-winning new plays, to musicals, to experimental theatre. We’ll see those shows at venues ranging from The National Theatre to fabled theatres such as the Barbican, the Royal court, the Donmar Warehouse, and the Bush Theatre, among others. London is the greatest theatrical laboratory in the world, and you will experience it at its best.
Nominations sought for Intellectual Freedom Award
WCTE is seeking nominations for the 2013 Lee Burress Intellectual Freedom Award. The award is designed to acknowledge the work done by educators who teach and extol the tenets of free speech and who urge responsible, humane and caring communication. See the award announcement.
Minutes of Executive Committee meetings can be viewed on this site, along with minutes of the Annual Business Meeting. See the Minutes page for details. The Minutes page contains a link to Committee Reports. These pages are also accessible via the menu under “About WCTE” and by entering the terms in the search box.